Please watch the ingredients used in your sausage. Some chicken/turkey sausage contains dangerous additives like nitrites and some will have pork casings. Read your labels or ask at the meat counter.
Chicken Sausage Soup
- 1 quart organic chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 6–8 organic chicken or turkey sausage links
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2–3 heads escarole or spinach
- 1 can cannellini beans (white beans), drained
- Fresh parsley
- Lemon zest
- Brown the onion and garlic in a small amount of olive oil in a medium sized stock pot.
- Add chicken stock and water along with salt to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- Brown chicken sausages in a separate frying pan and cut into chunks. Set aside.
- Add chopped escarole or spinach and cannellini beans to the stock mixture. Let simmer for 5–10 minutes.
- Add the sausage right before serving. Top with fresh parsley and lemon zest.